From: "Peter Day" <microwaves@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Interested in 28GHz , 32GHz Band or 40GHz ?

G8BKE wrote:

Have we all forgotten about distance awards if you want to maintain a
competitive element, but don't care for contests?

http://www.rsgb.org.uk/awards/awardswebsite/mws.htm#distance

When was the last time one was claimed for 24, 47 or 76G? Back in
the 70's and 80's in GM, microwave contests were in their infancy
so we went out /P with 10GHz usually with the aim of improving ones
overall "best Dx" not to score contest points!

Dead right Chris!

I don't really bother about "sheepskins" myself as I'm satisfied to just
have the contact in my logbook as proof to myself that I did it.
However, I can readily see the satisfaction one could have from such
distance awards.

Maybe the UKuG should offer these to members, in return for a no-profit
fee (ie postage and printing costs to be covered).

What do others think?

Peter, G3PHO

Yahoo! Groups Links