Re: DIGIFEST!

Neil Smith G4DBN

Any hardcore VHF/UHF contesters out there with Qt coding skills fancy joining the WSJT dev team, and submitting a patch to extend the exchange structure for key modes to support a valid contest exchange in auto mode without any convoluted usage? Qt is nice to work with, totally cross-platform and (mostly) sensible.  At least, compared with certain other development environments. I've only used the free version https://www.qt.io/download-qt-for-application-development

The user base for VHF/UHF contest use under EU-style rules is tiny in comparison with even EME usage, never mind the HF twiddles users. Without a champion inside the dev team, our aspirations are not going to be prioritised.

Neil G4DBN
#notvolunteering

On 19/10/2017 12:37, 'Martin A Hall' gorrell77@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

That is why if someone can come up with a step-by-step guide to using the highly structured modes to exchange the standard European contest information I’m all ears.  Several operators I have discussed this with have said they believe it can be done, but none has yet succeeded in coming up with a protocol that actually works.  I am happy to buy several pints for anyone that does.