Re: A couple of gripes about 1296MHz

Martin A Hall <gorrell77@...>

Hi Brian,

Your work with EDN much appreciated, since it’s the only beacon I can hear regularly from this location on 23cm – and then only via Aircraft Scatter.  I’ll miss it when it goes, since it’s a good check that my gear is actually working.

If you are able to re-instate JT4G I shall be very grateful, since reception is often possible when other modes fail – I’ve captured EDN on tropo on occasion using JT4G when the tones have been inaudible.  There’s also the option of unattended monitoring of conditions when I’m about the house working on other tasks but not able to be in the shack full-time.  However, I do understand the problem with it losing lock from time to time.

Once again, thanks for all the effort you’ve put into this project.

73, Martin

GM8IEM – IO78HF