From: Stephen Tompsett stephen@... [ukmicrowaves]
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 12:00 PM
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Weller soldering iron problem

Is your transformer/PSU the type with a wet sponge on top? If so, there is probably a crack/leak...

Stephen Tompsett

On 4 Oct 2017 11:53, "Edward Harland g3vpf@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

I had a similar problem and had to replace the transformer.

Ed G3VzpF

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 at 11:19, 'Michael Scott' g3lyp@... [ukmicrowaves]

Hi All

Sorry this is off topic, but my Weller 50 watt 24v soldering iron has suddenly started blowing the mains fuse in the psu. The specified fuse is  315mA, but not sure if it is quick blow or slow blow. I replaced it with a slow blow and this was OK for a while but has gone again. Looking at the psu drawing ( no circuit ) it seems to be a simple mains to 24v transformer with no other electronics.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and is there a cure, or do I need to buy a new iron/psu?

73, Mike, G3LYP