Re: ADF5355 Signal Source

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

I have been using one of the "green PCBs" with the ADF5355. I agree with Neil the the layout is possibly not quite ideal. It is also on double sided 1.6 mm FR4 so the there will be some losses and impedance mismatches. I think the "black" boards may be a better bet as I believe they are on a thinner substrate. Looking at the markings on the board they look as if they come from the same stable as the "black" ADF4351 boards. They also use a higher reference frequency.(125 MHz as opposed to 26 Mhz) I attach a zipfile of some checks I did on my board. I am using it to build a personal beacon on 24 GHz.

73s
Brian GM8BJF