Re: GB3EDN Beacon

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

Hi Martin,

I am the beacon keeper for EDN. At present it is running on the old hardware which just sends its call sign. The newer RDDS hardware has been having some problems in that it tends to drift out of lock over a period of several months. I have recently re-aligned it and am soak testing it. Meanwhile the reliable old Xtal oscillator/varactor multiplier chain hardware built in 1976 is back in service. I checked the frequency and it is within 1 kHz of its nominal frequency. I thought it was better to have a signal on than none.

73s
Brian GM8BJF.
--
Dr Brian W Flynn 15 Riselaw Crescent Edinburgh EH10 6HN 0131 447 4043
07969 668 147