24GHz equivalent to the HB100 doppler unit (CDM324)

Gary M1EGI

Good morning groups.

Following on from the WBFM activity at Finningley round-table this weekend, and the potential use as talk-back for nanowave operation, I thought both groups might be interested to know a 24GHz version exists at a similar cost.

It should be possible to add this module on to the same IF strip/modulator currently in use for the HB100 making it dual band.
As it currently stands I have only just found these modules, so I'm not sure if they can be tuned internally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microwave-Body-Induction-Module-24GHz-CDM324-Radar-Induction-Switch-Sensor-MO/152278644788?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Also you can still get hold 24GHz gunnplexer type modules from PIRs sensors, good search terms are:
"Honeywell DT-7450UK" & "Honeywell DT-7550UK"

Hope this might spark up more interest in simple microwave fun.

73s Gary M1EGI