Re: WG11 flanges

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) <drkirkby@...>

On 29 May 2017 at 09:59, 'Noel Matthews' noel@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

I’m looking for a couple of WG11 (3.4GHz) to N type flanges, either to borrow for a few days (preferred) or buy.

Has anyone got anything they will part with?

73

Noel – G8GTZ

I don't have any. You can probably find formula on the web for making them, which would not be too hard if you have flanges. I just checked a couple of largest transitions I have, and it seems the centre conductor of the insert needs to be about half the height of the guide from the rear wall. Hence about 14 mm in a waveguide of that size (60.2488 x 28.4988 mm), and extend about 14 mm into the guide.

I think W1GHZ did some work on making ones own.

Ultimately an EM simulator would give you the best answer, but if you not too fussy about the return loss, making your own from some guidelines might be worth an attempt.

Dave