Re: Phone delayed echo

David <david.g6feo@...>

Does the hotel use VOIP phones?

David.

On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 15:36 +0000, john@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Hi Andy,
             Yes I've had it - I'm with T-mobile talking to a Virgin
customer on their mobile.
de John G8SEQ
  -------Original Message-------
From: Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@y
ahoogroups.com>
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Phone delayed echo
Sent: Feb 01 '17 15:29

Totally off topic for uWaves, but has anyone else had this?

I just booked the hotel room for MMRT and there was a really  high
level of delayed echo, such that my voice came back to me with about
300ms second delay, only down by perhaps 10 - 15dB on the other
party.
If you've ever tried talking when you hear everything you say delayed
by a few hundred ms - its not easy!
It was so bad as to make conversation difficult - address and card
details  had to be exchanged in short fast sentences.  Much to the
amusement of the receptionist.

For all weekday outgoing phone calls I use the iPhone,  so assume
it's a 3G network artefact - but haven't encountered echo anything
like as bad as that before.

Andy  G4JNT