Re: GPRS -

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

Talbot Andrew wrote:
As one who would still prefer to be using DOS rather than this new Window
thingy on computers........ :-(
Could someone put together a simple step-by-step guide on how to get GPRS
going so any cheap and ancient laptop can connect to the internet from a
hilltop.
Something along the lines of:
Buy such-and-such GPRS card
Buy Vodafone SIM
Plug into laptop
Install software
Tear hair out
Log onto 'KST
Liaise with the world
Its difficult enough changing a modem/dial up connection with micro-soggy
software, and I haven't even dared to try getting into the WLAN Inet route
we set up for contests.
Andy G4JNT
"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."
"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."

I am going through the process at the moment trying to do it reasonably on the cheap. I have aquired a Vodafone mobile connect card on Ebay with I hope will do the job. I will attempt to keep notes of what I do and write it up. (may take some time depending how annoyed I get at the wonderful MS operating system ;-) )

Yhe thinking is that from this range a bit of liaison would be useful.

73s

Brian.
GM8BJF

--