Re: Suspicious ADF4351 Devices - may be fakes

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

Well done on the chip change.

I recently bought three of these boards, one with an ADF4350 and two with ADF4351s. Perhaps I was lucky but all seemed to function as expected.  Their PN performance is as per the data sheet from the testing I have done and they covered their entire frequency range. The only suspicious thing was that 4350 chip did not have any markings on it but as far as I can tell it is OK. I have combined them with a Cypress CY7C68013A USB controller board and a Chinese 10 mW wideband amp to make a simple little signal generator which covers 35 MHz to 4.4 GHz. Details of the USB control are at:

https://gm8bjf.joomla.com/articles/9-pc-control-of-analog-devices-adf4xxx-synthesiser-chips

73s
Brian GM8BJF