Re: Morion OCXOs [1 Attachment]

Andy G4JNT

Mine arrived today.   On first testing it certainly had a fast warm up and kept its setting at PPB levels over tens of minutes.
The sensitivity to tuning voltage is a bit high - in fact an awful lot higher that most OCXOs at 3ppm adjustment range.  As this is the only way to trim the frequency, it will need a very well decoupled tuning voltage for real use.

'jnt

On 21 September 2016 at 17:32, Graham Kimbell g3tct@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Graham Kimbell included below]

I've recently bought a couple of these to try out:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-10MHz-OCXO-DIP-Micro-Crystal-x1pc-5x10E-11-Oven-Oscillator-OCVCXO-GPSDO-/252308905189?hash=item3abec85ce5:g:DFQAAOSwAuNW2Zrb

They run from 5V and have a 0-5v adjustment pin and produce a 2v p-p
square wave off load. The key thing is that they warm up very quickly.
I tried one as a reference for my 23cm transverter and it came up within
20Hz in 30secs! The OCXO I currently use for 23cm takes more like
20-30mins to get to frequency and it takes a lot more current in the
steady state. These ones only take 80mA from 5V, and could be ideal for
portable use.

Data sheet attached.
73
Graham