Re: MMIC question

GORDONJ REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

You need to know what current is correct , for class A operation of the MMic ..... then select the correct resistor value .....

if you do that , then there will be no problem running from a +5 volt supply , which a USB supply is ...

What mmic is it ?

On 07 August 2016 at 08:40 "richard@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi all

I am working on a USB powered device that includes an MMIC. The MMIC runs on 5 Volts (at the chip) but the spec sheet describes it as a 6-12 Volt device and gives suitable dropper resistor values. The supply is properly decoupled and fed to the device by the normal RF choke (all to the datasheet's recommendations).Is there any problem that I might encounter running an MMIC direct from the USB supply?

73 Richard G3CWI