Re: Réf. : Re: Re: 5.7 GHz PAs

Andy G4JNT

I have modified SMA connectors to make these "reversed" ones.

Find an SMA socket designed for cable mounting - these are typically used as bulkhead connectors and ones for both semi-rigid and flexible cables are commonplace.   Remove the centre spigot and use this in place of the pin in a conventional SMA plug.   (Obviously, use the type of SMA plug that has its own gold plated pin - not one of those that uses semi-rigid inner !)    A careful bit of positioning may be needed, but it works fine

After seeing the post, I ordered one of those PAs on spec - to see how good it is.   A while ago I did buy a 2.4GHz booster rated, IIRC, at  around 8 watts. It failed quite early into testing so wasn't a bargain at all!

Lets see if the 5.8GHz one can do any better

'jnt

On 7 August 2016 at 10:28, 'F1CHF' F1CHF@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

looking via google to "txpa58002w5" it is possible to see a lot of discussions ..
seems that the SMA plug are REVERSE (RPA)
so we need either to plug an adaptator or change the plug  (is it easy, I don't know)
about the polarisation, I don't see if this PA is compatible with SSB signal
but for the price, it is nice
Francois F1CHF