Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:08 PM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Easily transported microwave antennas.

While this discussion appears to have veered off into a discussion of
patch arrays, perhaps it's worth commenting that stress dishes can be
made very transportable.

About 15 years ago, Al Katz, K2UYH, described a simple stressed offset
stressed dish antenna in the 432MHz and Up Newsletter using - from deep
memory! - 6ft ribs. He used sucessfully that for a 1296MHz EME portable
operation from somewhere in the the Carribean in which he ran relative
QRP, possibly only around 100W, and CW. I suspect that would scale to a
collapsible 10GHz antenna without too much trouble.

73

Chris
GW4DGU