Morion OCXO

Ed G3VPF

Following the recent discussion on the group about stabilising frequencies using OCXO's I have acquired a Morion double OCXO and have the following questions for those of you who will have more experience of using these devices than I do.

1. The unit runs hot to the touch, I measured 46C, which implies a lack of internal heat insulation. Is the oven performance improved by adding additional external heat insulation such as sheet expanded polystyrene?

2. The unit has a fine tune capability via an externally applied voltage. I assume I can just leave this pin open circuit. If I want to improve accuracy how do I adjust the voltage to get the correct frequency? From comments on the group it would appear the GPSDO short-term stability is not good enough. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed G3VPF