Re: Latest RadCom Plus

Conrad, PA5Y

Yes all very interesting but what does it have to do with microwaves? Would it not be better to discuss it on the RSGB forum?

I established that there appears to be an issue with the RSGB's method of online publishing 10 emails ago.

It seems that you are correct David but there is no need for 'correctness' traceability or peer review in this case.

I wouldn't bother normally but this is the only reflector where I regularly find some useful, practical technical discussion.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

On 1 August 2016 14:03:53 CEST, "'Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd)' drkirkby@... [ukmicrowaves]" wrote:
I seem to have finger trouble today, sending documents before I intended to.  Let's start again, on the assumption you have realized I've downloaded the style sheets the EPUB document is serving up to the web client.

After downloading the two style sheets that the EPUB document would appear to be including

http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/tmp/RadCom-Plus-test/style.css

and

http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/tmp/RadCom-Plus-test/mobile.css

and running them through the online CSS validator at

I find that style.css has 6 errors and 10 warnings

jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk%2Ftmp%2FRadCom-Plus-test%2Fstyle.css

with the warnings being about unknown vendor extensions.

The other stylesheet, mobile.css

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk%2Ftmp%2FRadCom-Plus-test%2Fmobile.css

has just a single warning, but no errors.

This leaves me suspecting that the RSGB webserver is not sending valid CSS. Given CSS is used to describe the page layout, it is not exactly surprising if the page layout is poor.

Maybe the fault lies on the content placed on the RSGB web server, rather than my PC.

Dave, G8WRB.