Re: Really easily transportable microwave dish

Derek Kozel <derek.kozel@...>

I also use a 10 GHz patch antenna. It won't beat a dish for gain, but for size and weight it's amazing. Here is a presentation by David Vieira talking about his rig which uses the same patch antenna.
http://www.bay-net.org/docs/baycon2016/xband_rig.pdf

Cheers,
Derek
AG6PO

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 8:11 AM, 'Martin Andrew' martin.andrew@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Thanks Alan and John,
Both ideas could work but will have to check how much room there is in the transport box when I get home. Pretty full already with 2-4-6M gear including antennas.
One idea I have seen was what looked like and umberella with a metalized coating and offset feed.
As I say not sure how good this would be at 3cm but better than nothing.

Will do more investigation when home and see if I can come up with a 'KISS' idea that is fairly robust. Anything after October will see 'real' gales so maybe too late in the year already.

Martin, GM6VXB

From: "'Martin Andrew' martin.andrew@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...>
Date: 30/07/2016 08:45 (GMT+00:00)
To: ukmicrowaves@...

More a thought but willing to give it a go.

I am doing quite a few jobs offshore presently. All in pretty rare squares until
the beginning of October. I have managed to get low band gear transported
in a nice transport box 1X1X0.5 Metre. This is pretty full with radio, HPA, and antennas for three bands.

Now I am wondering if there are any easy designs (or built) for a microwave dish
say up to 1 Metre diameter that can be folded up into a transport tube that would fit into the box.

My suspicion is that the surface will not be suitable for (say) 10GHz, but if
there any designs about I am will to give it a try.

Next problem would be mounting it on a suitable pole in pretty strong winds.

Martin, GM6VXB
(Presently JO08 and bored)

No virus found in this message.