Re: Dressing 0.25" Semi Rigid cable

Conrad, PA5Y

I have tried this with RG402 and the inner gets distorted. Also I don't think that it will work with the 6.35" stuff that I have, it is very tenacious and yet soft enough to deform quite easily. Of the suggestions so for a good sharp mini pipe cutter and sharp knife seems best. I will do it next week and report back.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

73

Conrad PA5Y

On 29/07/2016 11:06, johnhowen@btinternet.com [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Hi
To strip semi rigid cable I use a pair of Ideal T-strippers such as:-
http://cpc.farnell.com/ideal/45-125-341/metric-wire-stripper-0-5mm-to/dp/TL00596

I grip the semi rigid at the top or smaller diameter end of the tool and rotate so the "teeth" cut into the outer, it doesn't wander and only takes one or two turns to cut into the screen sufficiently to allow me to flex and snap it cleanly. Cheap versions can be found in ordinary DIY shops but it doesn't seem to harm the tool anyway.
John
MW1FGQ