Re: Réf. : Re: replacement GPS module

R Hopkins

Thanks Francois for the info.

The outputs from the Ublox rx don't look very good on an oscilloscope. The 10MHz output looks awful
on a spectrum analyser as far as I remember. It's a couple of years since I played with it.
That's why I asked if anybody had tried it. I'll probably do it the same way as your friend.

Cheers

Roger GW4NOS

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:59:27 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été)), you wrote:

Nice job Mister GW4NOS !

A friend of mine told me that we must remember that the internal oscillator

in te NE0- or 07 is 48 MHZ

and to avoid Jitter we must use a FULL division ratio

please have a look on a test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYWuMe9v98k

it seems that DF9NP is using 800Hz from a NEO-6M on this nice PLL stuff.

Francois F1CHF

-------Message original-------

De : R Hopkins gw4nos@btinternet.com [ukmicrowaves]

Date : 07/25/16 14:21:30

A : ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com

Sujet : Re: [ukmicrowaves] replacement GPS module

I've got a Ublox GPS. I think it's the same as the NEO6. It will output a
vast range of frequencies

if you send the correct strings to it. In the files you'll find 'GW4NOS GPS
Programmes.zip'. There

is a list of strings there for 1,2,4,5,10MHz that you can send from a
terminal program or the

programme 'GPS Utility.exe'. I'd be interested to know how well this GPS
works in a frequency

standard. It's much more sensitive receiver than the Jupiter GPS's.

Roger GW4NOS

On 25 Jul 2016 03:17:04 -0700, you wrote:

Hi,
I am currently in the process of rebuilding my GPSDO and thought It might
be a good time to replace/update the Jupiter-T receiver. Can anyone
recommend a suitable modern replacement that still has the 10Khz output?

thanks,
Mike G6TRM