Re: OZ5N Auto PLL

Andy G4JNT

Efficient things, blue LEDs.  Rumour has it some are approaching 50% efficiency.  Which means if you could reflect all the light back in, you'd see the current consumption drop.

 I did once try to do that, but couldn't arrange any optics to collect and reflect back more than about 10% .

One thing that makes them seem bright; the rods in the eye (responsible for night time vision) are very sensitive to blue, so off bore-sight, blue light will always stand out in the presence of other colours.   It's no coincidence blue lights are used on emergency vehicles.

'jnt

On 19 July 2016 at 16:27, geoffrey pike gi0gdp@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

I was surprised at the 10k and then equally surprised that my brand new Ebay 5mm blue LEDs worked a treat !
Geoff

On Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 16:16, "'mike' mb.golfmad@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Thank you Andy, I stand corrected, 210 ohms indeed it was!!

Mike G6TRM