Re: OZ5N Auto PLL

Kevin Kerr <kkerr@...>

Is there any chance of pictures of how you installed it. I have a working G2 and am extremely nervous about attacking it with a solderong iron.

The picture on the website is a different transverter.

Kevin Kerr

M1BWS

On 18/07/2016 10:59, geoffrey pike gi0gdp@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Back to DC matters at 10.368 GHz, i finally fitted my OZ5N auto pll and this is what happened.
Well it really didn't want to lock up at all, i changed the 82 p at the crystal to 56p. I gave everything some time to warm up and although
the blue LED flashed at 1 sec intervals it just wasn't for locking up.I adjusted the coil for a resting frequency about 200 Hz high and tried again and it locked up OK. I measured the control voltage at 1.04v and readjusted for 1.7v as i thought that this would be better and sure enough when i tried it all again the lock up was within 2 seconds.
with a soldering ir
I then put it all back together again and got my signal source fro 10.368200 GHz going and tuned in spot on 144.200 on the 290 and it just sits there rock steady T9. So that only leaves azimuth control of the dish as an unknown !.
regards
Geoff
GI0GDP
I measured the crystal frequency on the collector of the first tripler via a 22p cap