 In IExx  ?
 In PC Setup ?

Andy  G4JNT

On 13 July 2016 at 13:21, 'Noel Matthews' noel@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi Alan,

That’s exactly the effect I had and is, as Murray comments, probably due to the BT DNS servers taking a very long time to find the Yahoo Ad and image servers – try changing the DNS on one PC from “find DNS automatically” to use 8.8.8.8 and see what difference it makes.

73 – Noel.

From: ukmicrowaves@... [mailto:ukmicrowaves@...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:41 PM
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Yahoo group web site very slow?

Hi Noel an interesting comment. I am on the BT server for mail (not
BT-Yahoo) I find the on any group web-site the initial welcome page (with a
blank picture) appears immediately ....that says not a DNS problem to
me.....but wadderIknow :-)) The functions, most obvious by the correct
picture banner loading then, takes 85 seconds to appear and respond to
clicks. From then on response it reasonable. There is no internet activity
during this wait time. There is no variation in this by time of day so it is
unlikely to be congestion (I have a 50MB/s line)

Email message distribution seems fine but I get digests, though some other
groups show quite long delays distributing postings.

My thought is that Yahoo have removed server hardware bandwidth to make
their revenue earning operations seem more attractive for sale
(Cynical....what me??) Maybe they just want to discourage Groups.

Alan
G3NYK