Re: Stand alone JT4G

Andy G4JNT

That's the way I do it - multiple USB soundcard dongles.    You know where you are with real interface cables; it  keeps life simple

If you have a full duplex soundcard, the  Rx and Tx portions can run independently so you just wrap round from output to input  - turning off local monitor if it is an option

Many people use  Virtual Audio Cable, or VAC.   Software that gives you effective connection of sound cards. Suggest you Google it

Andy  G4JNT

On 14 June 2016 at 21:27, Edward Harland g3vpf@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Can I ask a slightly tangential question. I use a Intel NUC computer with a funcube dongle and SDR# to monitor the local 3cms beacons. I also have the WSJT package running on the same PC. Is there any way of feeding the SDR# output directly into the WSJT package? At present I have two audio interfaces with the output of one feeding the input of the other via a connecting cable.

Ed G3VPF

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 20:05, "Christopher Bartram cbartram@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Andy wrote:
> What about a small - older second hand perhaps - notebook.
Which is exactly what I did. As I have a long history of using
IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, I went for a Lenovo/IBM X60. In its day
this was a powerful compact dual-core machine with a 12inch display.
It's still capable of running anything you'd need out portable, and it
is built like the proverbial masonry tŷ bach! With a newish oversized
battery it lasts for several hours running a 3G dongle and KST2ME.

X60s are currently going for about £40 on Epay.

73

Chris
GW4DGU