Re: Stand alone JT4G

Derek Kozel <derek.kozel@...>

Hello John,

I have run it on an Odroid XU4, similar to a Raspberry Pi. WSJT works just fine. I'm working on a module for GNU Radio for all the modes. I use it portable on 10 GHz.

What distribution are you running on your Raspberry Pi and what version of the hardware is it? I have one of the old Pi's around and could try creating some instructions for installing WSJT on it. It sounds like a good oportunity to get your feet wet with Linux as well. :)

Regards,
Derek
AG6PO

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM, g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi all has anyone managed to get JT4G working on something like the Raspberry Pi ? The reason I ask is when going portable you have enough to take and power consumption becomes a big concern. So rather than relying on the laptop with its limited Battery life something like the Pi would mean I'd be more inclined to use JT4 and hopefully make more weak contacts. It would also encourage (I would think) more portable operators to use it to, even the backpacker operators. Now I know there is a port of this for Linux, but not really being a Linux guru I wouldn't know where to start. So if anyone does want to take up the challenge and produce a working image file I'd certainly give it a try.

Cheers John