Stand alone JT4G

John McCarthy

Hi all has anyone managed to get JT4G working on something like the Raspberry Pi ? The reason I ask is when going portable you have enough to take and power consumption becomes a big concern. So rather than relying on the laptop with its limited Battery life something like the Pi would mean I'd be more inclined to use JT4 and hopefully make more weak contacts. It would also encourage (I would think) more portable operators to use it to, even the backpacker operators. Now I know there is a port of this for Linux, but not really being a Linux guru I wouldn't know where to start. So if anyone does want to take up the challenge and produce a working image file I'd certainly give it a try.

Cheers John