Re: Modamps [1 Attachment]

Andy G4JNT

They turn up at rallies quite often.  I picked up a nice one last year for just £40, two fixed magnifications.

I'd had another stereo microscope that I got for £60 about  a decade ago, that had a nice zoom.   It came with had no support so I had to make a stand which actually made it a useful bit of kit, as I could then customise it onto an SMD soldering platform with metal tray / clamp arrangement.

'jnt

On 12 June 2016 at 15:11, GORDONJ REASON gordonj.reason@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from GORDONJ REASON included below]

Get one of these ...... Excellent value  ........... make's a tough job easier ..........

and get the 0.5 reducer ........... about £20 ....

The ring light psu , is the best rf wideband source ever ............... so , swopped the dc socket wiring to a positive centre pole ,

and use a "normal" quiet dc supply ...............

Incidently , for these very small packages , is there perhaps , a small infra red "iron" type device for soldering them in place ....

On 12 June 2016 at 14:43 "Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Where's your spirit of adventure !
A 1mm long package with three pads is no big deal ;-)

And nearly twice the gain.

'jnt

On 12 June 2016 at 14:10, geoffrey pike gi0gdp@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

This is certainly much easier to work with!
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Sunday, 12 June 2016, 13:45, "Neil Whiting neil@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Looks like a useful device, though the 1x0.5mm package might be interesting to handle :-)
Seems to be a 3-lead 0402, so not quite as challenging as some of the other tiny
packages - I'd be prepared to give it a go anyway.

Thanks/73
Neil  G4BRK

On 12/06/2016 10:54, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:
Found this one at Farnell    http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/77793.pdf

Fixed 5V bias, over 13dB at 10GHz  and a not outrageous noise figure by the look of it.

More expensive than the  ERAs used to be though, but at that gain probably replaces two cascaded..

'jnt