Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] RF PCBs

On 06/ 5/16 01:30 PM, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:
> A coper pour is where all remaining non track areas of a PCB are filled
> with copper - automatically generating the specified guard gap between it
> and the existing tracks. vias are used to connect it to the ground plane
> proper.
If you CNC mill boards, which I can see becoming cheaper and cheaper soon, then
you want to do this anyway, even if unncessary, as it cuts down the area of
copper that needs to be removed. All removing the other copper does is slow down
the time to complete the board, and wear the tools out faster!

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd