Re: Scatterpoint

Bob Lockley VK6KW

Hi Andy,

Is that sequential backups D1, D2, D3… in turn? or identical backups to 4 drives in // ? or using “Save As” to each drive according to subject matter????

I’m currently running several desktops on a home LAN each with emphasis on the particular hat I’m wearing at the time and have not yet found a reliable way to schedule auto backups … currently recovering from a Win7 O/S crash in one where the scheduled weekly BU had not… could have been very messy, but now trying to set up a reliable verifiable system; also need to set it so a “RESTORE POINT” is created for every system change.

All suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks & 73,

Bob.

Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 6:02 AM
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Scatterpoint

On 6 June 2016 at 22:49, 'Michael Scott' g3lyp@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi Andy

Yes, It downloaded OK from Dropbox, and I was able to read it on screen. I am a bit old fashioned and I like a paper copy. They don’t suffer from hard drive crashes etc!! 

73, Mike

AH, all that depends on how many backup drives you keep stuff on - I tend to duplicate anything worth keeping on four physically separate drives - and none of them in a cloud!

And, having just got rid in a secure manner of something like 30 years collection of paper with confidential / personal  info on it weighing an awful lot of kg, I'd go for Ecopies any day.   At least you can securely delete them with a secure delete prog.  Or by taking a sledge hammer to the hard disc  (done a couple of times over the years - very satisfying).   Even solicitors are finally getting round to working with E signatures (for house sales anyway).

Discovered a good way to destroy old paperwork if you don't want to burn it, is to soak in water for a few hours, mash into papier mache and bury it in the garden.   Sounds odd, but no ones ever going to be able to read that now.

...  and what's this got to do with uwaves anyway :-)

'jnt

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.