Re: Scatterpoint

Michael Scott

Point taken Andy!!

Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Scatterpoint

On 6 June 2016 at 22:49, 'Michael Scott' g3lyp@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi Andy

Yes, It downloaded OK from Dropbox, and I was able to read it on screen. I am a bit old fashioned and I like a paper copy. They don’t suffer from hard drive crashes etc!!

73, Mike

AH, all that depends on how many backup drives you keep stuff on - I tend to duplicate anything worth keeping on four physically separate drives - and none of them in a cloud!

And, having just got rid in a secure manner of something like 30 years collection of paper with confidential / personal  info on it weighing an awful lot of kg, I'd go for Ecopies any day.   At least you can securely delete them with a secure delete prog.  Or by taking a sledge hammer to the hard disc  (done a couple of times over the years - very satisfying).   Even solicitors are finally getting round to working with E signatures (for house sales anyway).

Discovered a good way to destroy old paperwork if you don't want to burn it, is to soak in water for a few hours, mash into papier mache and bury it in the garden.   Sounds odd, but no ones ever going to be able to read that now.

...  and what's this got to do with uwaves anyway :-)

'jnt