Re: GM8FFX 10GHz Beacon

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

I am glad people are keeping an eye out for it. Currently I am registered on Beaconspot.eu to get notification of any spots. I forward them onto Graham. I had become concerned that it was still on as I had not managed to hear it in Edinburgh and there had been no spots for a while, hence the beacon hunting trip this past weekend.

I am hoping to GPS lock the frequency of the GM3WOJ beacon soon. I have got hold of some compact 10 MHz GPSDOs which will fit in the casing. It has drifted up about 1 kHz since we fitted it in its lightweight casing. The FFX one uses a Morion DOCXO which is very stable and when checked this weekend on my Rx using a Rb reference was still spot on.
The WOJ streaming audio from IO85JV (GM8PKL's QTH) is still available at

http://radscot.ddns.net:8000/

Click on the M3U button on the web page and the audio should play, if you have a media player set-up. I pipe the audio through a free virtual cable (V_B Cable) to Spectran and use it as wall-paper on my computers. That way you can see the propagation artefacts which can be interesting.

73s

Brian,
GM8BJF.