From: Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves]
To: ukmicrowaves <ukmicrowaves@...>
Sent: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 12:37
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] FS: Transco Y Relay

It maybe worth considering a customised bit of drive circuitry;  one that pulls in at a high voltage than drops to a lower holding value - or a constant current supply.    Both manageable with 'Simple-Switcher' SMPSU  devices.

'jnt

On 19 March 2016 at 12:34, ALANNOTTAGE@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

There could be a case for evaluating that in advance (and maybe with any model?), i.e. powering it up on the bench and checking the temp. rise.  It's possible that's how mine failed in it's previous life wherever.  It's on a cad-plated steel plate, but not anywhere near as big as below.
Al G0XBV