Re: FS: Transco Y Relay

Paul <paul@...>

Hi Al

This sent me leafing through my well-thumbed copy of the VHF/UHF DX Book. BTW I wish we had a modern version of this book. No mention of the Transco in the section about coax relays but there is a thread (started by Conrad G0CUZ/PA5Y) on Moon-Net that does indeed suggest heat sinking the Transco is desireable:

http://mailman.pe1itr.com/pipermail/moon-net/2013-June/016517.html

Useful info for anyone who needs to service or repair a Transco here:

http://kl6m.com/LNA-RELAY.pdf

73 Paul G4DCV

On 17-Mar-16 16:47, ALANNOTTAGE@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Chris made reference to the coil resistance of the relay.  I have an Amphenol relay with a 110VAC coil.  I believe it's R is ~550 ohms.  It's not to hand just now, but I will check it later.  Thanks to Peter for that rule of thumb - I will need to know that too at some stage!

I don't recall which book/mag/internet article I was reading recently, Paul (it could have been the VHF DX manual), but there was a reference to relay heat sinking.  The general thread was that if the relay was energised for RX, it would be a good idea to do so.

Al G0XBV