From: Paul paul@... [ukmicrowaves]
To: ukmicrowaves
Sent: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 23:25
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] FS: Transco Y Relay

As the one that bought the Transco from Chris can I say many thanks to eyeryone for all the advice about operating it on DC. It is very much appreciated. With 110V AC coils I had expected to have to put it in the amplifier and move the amplifier relay to a new masthead amp. But if it will work on 50V DC then I'm happy to put the Transco at the masthead.

I gather it's a good idea to heatsink them by bolting the relay to a lump of aluminium?

I have been after a Transco Y relay for some time but used ones (who can afford a new one!) only seem to come up for sale on ebay in the USA with eye watering postage costs.

73 Paul G4DCV

On 16-Mar-16 19:42, 'Dave' g4fre@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

My 110V AC coiled Y type works fine in my 48V DC amplifier

Dave
G4FRE