Re: Friedrichshafen

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

I drove out this year with my XYL but we stopped overnight about half way as we wanted to visit friends in France. Had some hassle with Calais being closed on the way out so had to get a later sailing to Dunkirk.
We made it part of a touring holiday and came back through Switzerland, Austria and and Italy. Very enjoyable but it meant I missed a couple of contests at the end of June :-(
With a car, you can buy boat-anchor items like big heatsinks that might be a bit of a problem if you're flying.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 22/10/2015 21:55, 'g8zha' g8zha@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

I am thinking of going to Friedrichshafen next year, with the wife and son, so he can practice his german speaking.

Has anyone got any tips? Probably going to fly, but is driving a viable option?

Rich G8ZHA