Re: Hot air pencil

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Yes Neil, varying from 0603s to (last night) an XRF286 LDMOS power device in a 23cm PA. It makes these jobs easy (and is convenient for simple tasks like heat shrink sleeve).

73, Phil.

On 26/03/2015 16:51, Neil G3RIR g3rir@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

thanks Phil, that looks interesting. have used yours for desoldering smd components? Neil, G3RIR

From: "Phil Guttridge p.guttridge@... [ukmicrowaves]"
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Sent: Thursday, 26 March 2015, 16:18
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Hot air pencil

Hi Neil,

I recently bought one off eBay, you'll find them if you search for 858D. Around £30 and I've found it very useful. There have been reports of these things having no connection between the main plug earth pin and the metal enclosure. I checked mine and it's OK.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 26/03/2015 15:42, g3rir@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

I am looking for a hot air pencil for smd rework. I find that using braid and soldering iron is rather hit and miss and I have recently damaged a board doing so.

Has anyone any suggestions of a supplier at a sensible price or a second hand one in good condition. Or indeed has anyone one for sale?

Neil, G3RIR