Re: Hot air pencil

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Hi Neil,

I recently bought one off eBay, you'll find them if you search for 858D. Around £30 and I've found it very useful. There have been reports of these things having no connection between the main plug earth pin and the metal enclosure. I checked mine and it's OK.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 26/03/2015 15:42, g3rir@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

I am looking for a hot air pencil for smd rework. I find that using braid and soldering iron is rather hit and miss and I have recently damaged a board doing so.

Has anyone any suggestions of a supplier at a sensible price or a second hand one in good condition. Or indeed has anyone one for sale?

Neil, G3RIR