From: 'Michael Scott' g3lyp@... [ukmicrowaves]
To: ukmicrowaves
Sent: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:09
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] 10 ghz lash up test

Hi Alan

The device I used was a TC622 which comes in various packages. The most convenient is a TO-220 because it can be bolted to the chassis/case etc. It is also available in an 8 pin DIP package. It is designed to have a degree or so of hysteresis which prevents the control device, relay or power MOSFET, from hunting around the set point.
There are other ICs such as the LM135/235/335. The basic LM35 temperature sensor could probably also be used.

I use the TC622 to control the temperature and an LM35 to monitor the temperature on a remote LCD.

Hope this helps.

Mike, G3LYP