From: 'Michael Scott' g3lyp@... [ukmicrowaves]
To: ukmicrowaves
Sent: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:06
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] 10 ghz lash up test

From personal experience, I think it is best to have a breather hole and also incorporate some sort of heater to keep the contents of the box above the dew point.
A metal clad resistor makes a simple heater, the value and wattage needed will have to be found by experiment. There are a number of ICs available which can be used as a thermostat to conserve energy. I set mine at about 28 degrees C, and this has worked well for over 20 years on my masthead 10GHz preamplifier.
I gave a talk at Crawley many years ago on it, and could possibly dig up some information if you are interested.

73, Mike G3LYP