Re: 10GHz World Record

Roger Ray

Dave,

According to the info I had from Manel EA3FLX, there was no special authorization required for the 10GHz SSB segmnent, certainly in mainland Spain.
The Italy to Madeira 10GHz attempt for later this year iincludes visiting groups operating in Spain near Gibraltar.

Roger

---In ukmicrowaves@..., <zen70432@...> wrote :

On 12/01/2015 10:09, Christopher Bartram cbartram@...
[ukmicrowaves] wrote:
> I was trying to generate interest in EA8
> for tests on 10GHz, but at that time, despite some interest, EAs weren't
> licenced for the band, and, understandably, nobody wanted to try. Now
> there is both interest and activity on the Canaries, the potential
> exists for a GM-EA8 world record ...

Chris,

The biggest problem is getting a microwave licence down there, I and
several other emers have spent years trying to get a licence for years.
The current conditions are here:

http://www.ure.es/english/general-information/417-licensing-and-basic-info-for-visitor-hams-.html

73 Dave G4RGK