Re: 10GHz World Record

Ian White

Having a sea path is one thing, but has there ever been evidence of a duct
that far north? Still I will be in North Gran Canaria later in the year....

Roger
G8CUB
On 2m, yes, and I believe on 70cm also. Unfortunately those contacts have been displaced from the record tables by more recent longer contacts, so they are in danger of becoming lost.

At higher frequencies, I've had the phone go off in my pocket with a "Welcome" text from Jersey. That is not a sea path to SW Scotland so aircraft scatter might also have been involved; but that is another valid possibility to extend a long tropo path further northwards.

As usual, the limiting factor on the higher amateur bands is activity.

73 from Ian GM3SEK