Re: [Moon] [Moon-Net] Agilent 346A and N9069A reading high?

Graham D <graham.d@...>

On 19/07/2013 16:10, Conrad Farlow wrote:

Its hooting you were right. I removed the noise head and put a load on
it and I can see a descrete frequency that has an 8dB noise figure. This
will be the frequency at which it's oscillating.

Glad you found it Conrad.

if its an ATF then it'll most likely be in the 5 to 6 GHz region.

(the narrow filter will not be helping it because the out of band match will be appalling from everywhere to everywhere else)

and I forgot....if anyone thinks they are going to **consistantly** measure differences of .01 and .03 on anything made by Agilent/HP then it's time to call the men in the white coats.

These things are Production line instruments not Research instruments.

Graham