Re: [Moon] [Moon-Net] Agilent 346A and N9069A reading high?

Conrad Farlow <conrad@...>

I don't think so. That was merely one example of several preamps that I have that have been measured elsewhere by trustworthy individuals to have much better noise figures. I have a 346B noise head I am going to try that as well.

I was hoping that I was being stupid (I certainly have the capacity for it) and missing something basic.

Conrad

2.When I measure noise figure I see good results on the gain but the
noise figure seems high. For instance my HA8ET Extra 2 LNA reads about
1.4dB whereas I am pretty sure that it is much better than this.
it's all a lot simpler than long convoluted theories....

the pre amp is oscillating

Graham 'MBI 'VHX