Re: Ofcom deadline approaching (next Monday July 22nd)

g6jyb <mjniman@...>

For those who dont like the online form, a MS-Word Template is on the UKuG home page if you look at the latest update there

Murray

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, "g8gtz" <noel@...> wrote:

All,

Just a reminder that the closing date for the Ofcom 2.3 Ghz consultation process is approaching.

I believe that everyone, whether active on 2.3 Ghz or not should respond, as we need to show Ofcom that we value the spectrum we have access to.

If they do not see a large response, they will be more inclined when considering the future of other bands, such as 10 GHz, to take the approach of the authorities in Sweden and Australia and just remove our access to bands without consultation.

In order to encourage responses from the ATV community, who are particularly affected by the proposed changes, I have posted my own proposed responses on the BATC forum at http://www.batc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3176&start=10

Chris GW4DGU has also published his responses in the latest issue of Scatterpoint.

Thanks to the good work by Murray and others we do have a good relationship with our regulator in the UK and this is the opportunity for us all to show them how much we value the spectrum we have access to.

73

Noel - G8GTZ