From: Dave
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Re: GB3MCB on 23 cms [1 Attachment]

Interesting trace Tim,

I can detect GB3MCB and, at the moment, can even hear the CW ident.  I'm also seeing doppler shifted signals from Aircraft reflections.

Attached (I hope) is a screenshot taken using SpectrumLabs a few moments ago.

As you will see, some direct and some scattered/doppler signals.

However, the thing I wanted to ask about is the frequency you mentioned.  Is that dial frequency, or the frequency of the actual recieved signal?  I see that your trace is at about 1kHz in, so I guess that you are using USB to received the signal?  In which case, did you add the 1kHz audio offset to the dial reading?

Personally, I tend to monitor using CW with a 600Hz CW offset on the receiver and set the received signal to the 600Hz point on the waterfall.  The dial frequency at the moment is 1296.847.38MHz and I often see that I need to add about 1kHz to what other people put out as the frequency that they hear the beacon on to what I need to use in CW mode.

Dave (G0DJA)