GB3MCB on 23 cms

Lawrence <lawrence@...>

Has anyone checked the frequency of GB3MCB on 23 cms recently?

For some time I have been looking for it without any luck. I assumed it was because it beams NE, which is sideways on to me, and that I use a rather low gain log periodic antenna. This morning I found it but it was not where I thought it would be. The web sites that list it give the frequency as 1296.860 MHz but my radio indicated 1296.845 MHz which was much lower than I had anticipated.

My radio is the IC-910X and earlier this year I had replaced the crystal oscillator with the optional high stability CR-293 (photos of this and of the antenna are on my QRZ entry). I have not calibrated it yet but hope to be able to do soon. I have acquired a Jupiter T GPS receiver and could use the ratio function on my counter to compare the 30.2 MHz with 10 kHz until I build a PLL circuit to give me 10 MHz.

When I have compared my indicated frequency on 23 cms with others it is usually similar and within 1 kHz so I assume I am not too far out. The CR-293 has greatly improved the stability and so got rid of the drift which had been annoying. That was the most important improvement that I had been looking for.

73, Lawrence GJ3RAX