Re: GX3RCM (former GB4FUN) at Finningley Microwaves this weekend

Peter Day <microwaves@...>

 Many thanks for the info Howard.... that would certainly be something for us to hear it.. We'll give it a try!

73

Peter, G3PHO

On 11/07/2013 13:08, Howard wrote:

Hi Peter,

It may be worth looking for SK6OSO - Onsala 25 m dish on Saturday or Sunday morning via EME.

The Moon rises earlier is Sweden than in the UK, so there may be an opporunity at Moon rise - so a yagi or dish with no elvation could work.

They will have 400W at the feed, so most well equipped tropo stations should hear them.

Onsala will be on from 1000z on Saturday and 1130z on Sunday.

They have not announced an operating frequency, but will be on ON4KST.

I have not checked the window or the timing to see if the above is possible, I'm at work right now, but can check later if required.

I have not worked Onsala before on 23cm, so will be giving it a go... should not be a problem..!!!

They will be operating CW/SSB. Personally, I think it is unlikely that they will use WSJT.

I hope that's of some interest...

Best 73 & GL
Howard