Re: Altium (DMC) 26 GHz modules

Noel G8GTZ

Thanks Chris,

I've posted some pictures on the group pages of the TX mixer & PA and LO multiplier stage. I'll take some more if people are interested.

73

Noel - G8GTZ

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Bartram <cbartram@...> wrote:

Hello Noel

There are certainly some very useful DMC synthesiser, filter, and
amplifier parts around. The devil is in the detail!

I brought a couple of 23GHz links eight or nine years ago, and there
were synthesisers which could easily be tweaked to use both as a
24.04880GHz narrowband beacon, and as a 23.606 ( Ithink ...) GHz LO.
Some of the cables were also worth salvaging: the Astrolab flexibles, in
particular, are rated for 24GHz use, and you don't find that sort of
thing every day ...

Modifying the units which I had wouldn't be easy without the right kit,
as they were made using ceramic substrates and lots of wire bonded chip
semiconductors.

I wrote a brief note for 'Scatterpoint' at the time based on my
investigations of one synthesiser module. At the time there was other
information available on the net.

Vy 73

Chris
GW4DGU