Re: Coax

David Jones <david.g6feo@...>

On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 12:32 +0000, Michael Scott wrote:

Hi All

I am looking for some good quality but small diameter coax. I have a
few lengths of some which has an outside diameter similar to RG58 but
with a brownish clear outer sheath. The braid is a double layer of
tightly woven silver plated and the insulation is Teflon ( it doesn't
melt at soldering iron temperature ). The inner conductor is stranded
and silver plated. The measured attenuation at 2.3GHz of a 1metre
length was about 0.7dB.

Does anyone know the designation ( eg RG?? ) and a surplus source or
has some they would be willing to sell? I need about 10 - 12 metres.

Many thanks

Mike, G3LYP

Mike,

I have some short lengths of a similar cable, but it's got a solid
inner, the numbers on it are:-

M17-060-RG 142

Not sure if that will help you.

Also MS Distribution sell coax 'off the reel' and many of them are radio
hams.

http://www.msdist.co.uk/

73, David.