Re: Trip to EI

Robert Price <g8dtf@...>

Hi Tony

We are travelling on Sunday morning. Once we land in EI we have to drive from Dublin to Co Cork. I am planning to have 2m/70cm on in the car, so when I am not driving I will be around on 2m(50W) or 70cm(5W). I will have to break the 3cm gear down to pack it in the car, but I should be able to set it up on the Monday.

The plan is to stay at the relatives (IO61AV) until the 6th August. It may be possible to work you on 3cm via RS if we have heavy rain during this period. I will have KST on when I am around and you (or anyone else who fancies a go) can also contact me on +447802307412.

We are then planning to spend a night in Kinsale on the 6th, then Killarney on the 7th and 8th. Dingle on the 9th, Ennis on the 10th and Bunratty on the 11th. So I am sure that by the time we get to Bunratty it should be fairly easy to work you at home on 3cm.

I will have mobile internet, so I will have email acccess and KST, as well as being able to look at the rain RADAR to identify scatterpoints.

There should be some opportunity to see if I can work you from a number of squares if you would find that useful, as I will certainly be visiting IO61, IO51, IO52,IO53 and maybe even IO41.

We will also have a couple of days in IO61 befor traveling back on the 14th August.

Bob
G8DTF

To: ukmicrowaves@...
Sent: Friday, 31 July, 2009 19:00:05
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Trip to EI

Hi Bob,
I've your trip marked in my diary, so I'll definately be around.
I'll email you my mobile number....

73s

Tony

EI4GHB

--- In ukmicrowaves@ yahoogroups. com, Robert Price wrote:
>
>
> Hi All
>
> Looks like I will be able to have KST on this trip as well. 3 have got an offer on at the moment, 10p per MB on roamed Mobile Broadband to EI.
>
> Looking at the weather forecast RS is likely throughout the period I am in EI.
>
> regards
>
> Bob
> G8DTF
>

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.